One of my favorite albums of all time is The best of Blue Note, a compilation of Jazz tracks released on Blue Note imprint. Blue Note Records is a legendary label that released some of the most famous tracks by the biggest names in Jazz. The label is named after the notes that aren’t part of the traditional range but are common in this genre. I have owned this album for over 15 years and still frequently listen to it. Perfect for quiet Saturday nights, accompanied by home cooking and a glass of red wine. To have it available anytime anywhere, I decided to turn it into a playlist. Might as well share, right? Full track listing and embedded player available if you continue reading. Available here and here on compact disc.
Please click here if the player doesn’t load.
1. Blakey, Art – Moanin’
2. Burrell, Kenny – Midnight Blue
3. Ellington, Duke – Caravan
4. Basie, Count – The Kid From Red Bank
5. Powell, Bud – Un Poco Loco
6. Parker, Charlie – Ornithology
7. Davis, Miles – Rocker
8. Gordon, Dexter – I Guess I’ll Hang My Tears Out Of Dry
9. Baker, Chet – Let’s Get Lost
10. Rollins, Sonny – Tune Up
11. Monk, Thelonious – Criss Cross
12. Coltrane, John – Blue Train
13. Hancock, Herbie – Maiden Voyage
14. Silver, Horace – Que Pasa?